Wednesday, March 14, 2012

32 Weeks!

Another week has come and gone! I am now 32 weeks pregnant! 

I had another shower on Sunday! It was a "Cutie" theme. You know, those adorable little oranges?
For some reason the pictures in my collage decided to go all grainy on me. Grr. (you can click on them and see a non-grainy version, weird)

It was so wonderful to see friends that I don't get to see very often. Thank you to all who came! And especially to Ashley for throwing the shower!

In last weeks post I bragged about how great I have been feeling. Only a few hours after posting that I started having some acid reflux! I have had it and heartburn a few times this week, but nothing too severe. I think Logan is just starting to squish all of my organs in there!

Speaking of Logan, he is almost 17 inches long and getting close to 4 pounds! He will be in the process of gaining half of his birth weight over the next several weeks. Keep growing, little man!

The coolest thing happened this week! I saw online that at this stage it is possible to hear the baby's heartbeat from outside my belly. I told Matt about this, and, with his ear pressed to my belly, he heard Logan's heartbeat! We compared what he was hearing with my pulse, and decided that it was definitely Logan and not me. How cool is that!?


There are so many fun quirks to pregnancy. I have noticed lately that a new fun one for me is that my armpits are extra pigmented. Haha, so, if I wear anything sleeveless I am flashing my dark armpits around. So glamorous! Sorry, no pics. ;)

My new place to sit has recently become the floor in front of the couch. Something about the way the cushions on the couch give really hurts my back. The only issue with sitting on the floor is... you guessed it, getting UP from the floor! The best way to do this is to roll to my hands and knees, then up to my knees, then stand from there. While I was going through my stand-up process last night I started thinking about pregnancy in a broad sense. No one can teach you to be pregnant. It is something you learn along the way. But doesn't it seem as though every woman is an expert on her own pregnancy by the end, and really at each stage? Just an interesting thought I had.

I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow. Can't wait to see what he says about my weight gain! I think it has been an appropriate amount. I think I have gained around 4 pounds since the last visit, but I don't 100% trust my scales. 
Hopefully I will pop in tomorrow to let you know what he says!
Ta-ta!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe you blogged about your armpits...that's great - I love it! Lol!

Glad you're finding a new comfy spot, even if it IS the floor! :)
Gonna be spending a lot of time there anyway in the next few years, right? :)

Cindy said...

I know zip about pregnancy but your hair is lovely!