Wednesday, March 7, 2012

31 Weeks!

The new story this week is Braxton Hicks! My belly gets super hard and tight any time I bend over or have any type of strain. Getting up off the couch, picking something up off the floor, bending over to get clothes out of the washing machine, putting on shoes, you name it! They don't hurt at all, they are just a reminder that my body is getting ready for something important! 

Other than the BH, and the usual foot and back pain, I am still feeling great! I have decided that I really love being pregnant. I realized yesterday that I feel healthier now than I did before I was pregnant. (as long as you don't count things like getting up out of the floor, etc. haha.)

Can you tell I washed the mirror before this? ^^^

Logan is getting stronger every day! His kicks, jabs and rolls cannot be missed these days! It seems as though he is moving all of the time. I felt definite hiccups for the first time last night. They lasted a long time, too! He is over 16 inches long now and weighs about 3.3 pounds. Over the next few weeks he is really going to start plumping up to prepare for the big outside world!

Matt and I had a discussion last night about how we are getting anxious to see what he looks like. Matt says that most newborns look like old men. Which I can see, but I think he has no idea about what is coming. I cannot wait to see him hold Logan. Maybe I have no idea of the emotions that are coming either. But I am ready for them. 

After this weekend Logan's room is about 99% ready for him. There are only a few things that we really need (changing pad, breast pump, ??). Technically we don't need a changing pad, but for some reason not having one yet is bothering me. Weird. I also have a couple more decorating projects that I want to finish. After that we will be down to washing clothes, sheets, and making the bed! We aren't really that ready? Are we!? Wow! 

In regards to last week's post, I was informed that it came across rather angry. I did not mean for it to be that way! I will admit, it became a bit rant-ish. However, no one has made me mad recently. My main point was supposed to be, "These are things that I am passionate about, even if I do not discuss them very often or openly." I just got stuck on the "why I don't discuss them" part a little too long. :-/ My bad. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very informative post! I love watching that counter tick down!

Amy said...

Pregnancy really does look good on you. Aren't Braxton Hicks the weirdest/coolest thing?

Logan is going to be such an adorable baby. Once he gets passed that awkward 'old man' stage anyway. :) Just imagine... soon we will be checking your blog for baby update pictures instead of pictures of your belly! Wow.

I can't wait to see that, and to read your emerging thoughts on motherhood, parenthood, and babyhood as the weeks and months go by.