Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Confessions of a New Mom

Big Hands
  • In the middle of the night when Logan wakes up, I stumble into his room, change his diaper, then sit down to feed him. It is at this point that I realize just how bad I need to tinkle, but then I am stuck! Every night I have to use my mental powers to control myself until he is done eating and back in bed. Maybe one night I will remember to go first!

  • I have not been doing the best job of eating like a breastfeeding Mama should. Last night I got in the kitchen and threw together a nice little supper for myself! Sauteed bell pepper and onions, then added in some tomato chunks. Over that I poured whisked egg, then added some cheese. I put it all onto a whole wheat tortilla, and had myself a breakfast burrito for supper!

  •  Back before Logan was born and I was building my diaper stash, I bought a package of micro-fiber towel in the auto section at Wal-Mart to use as nighttime doublers. They were MUCH cheaper than buying something that was made for that purpose, and they will do the same thing. However, so far the only one using them for nighttime doubling is ME! They work great in my bra! He eats ever 1-2 hours during the day, then at night he sleeps about six hours, leaving my body very confused!

  • I think my husband believes the paci has magical powers. If Logan is crying and he is full and dry, Matt immediately starts asking, "Where is the paci!?" Sometimes Logan will take it, but more often than not he will gag like you just put the most terrible thing in the world in his mouth. 

  • A few days ago I was reading through old posts on my sister's blog, and it made me excited about the future. I am looking forward to being able to share cute things Logan says and does. At the same time, I am cherishing these sweet baby days.

  • I started this post yesterday morning... and I just now finished...
*all pictures are from my phone. wahmp-wahmp.

No comments: