Friday, May 4, 2012

Inspiration On My Mind

This post is heavy on the quotes. If you don't want to read them all, that's ok. I'm posting mainly for myself this time


If you have ever been pregnant, then you know that pregnancy, childbirth, and babies are pretty much all you can think about for nine months.
The farther along you get, the more true this is.
Here are a few things on my mind as my due date gets closer and closer.

“Remember this, for it is as true and true gets: Your body is not a lemon. You are not a machine. The Creator is not a careless mechanic. Human female bodies have the same potential to give birth well as aardvarks, lions, rhinoceri, elephants, moose, and water buffalo. Even if it has not been your habit throughout your life so far, I recommend that you learn to think positively about your body.” 

-Ina May Gaskin


 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil 4:13)

"Women's bodies have near-perfect knowledge of childbirth; it's when their brains get involved that things can go wrong."
PEGGY VINCENT, Baby Catcher

 "I always knew I was meant to do something really BIG in life, and now I know that this was it. Screw winning an Academy Award someday ... I GAVE BIRTH!"
JENNY MCCARTHY, Belly Laughs

“There is no other organ quite like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it. So should we” 

 -Ina May Gaskin


"The knowledge of how to give birth without outside interventions lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process." 
Anonymous

"The pains of childbirth were altogether different from the enveloping effects of other kinds of pain. These were pains one could follow with one’s mind." 
Margaret Mead

“It is important to keep in mind that our bodies must work pretty well, or there wouldn't be so many humans on the planet.” 

―Ina May Gaskin


"If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle."
Irma Bombeck

"Just as a woman's heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth."
Virginia Di Orio

"300,000 women will be giving birth with you today.
Relax and breathe and do nothing else.
Labor is hard work, it hurts, and you can do it."
Unknown 

"There are three things that are givens about labour: It's hard work, it hurts a lot, and you can do it."
- Suzanne Stalls

1 comment:

Amy said...

I like the 300,000 quote. What camaraderie! And the last part of that one is so true: hard work, hurts, you can do it!