Thursday, September 25, 2014

Apple Preschool Unit

Our Books:
No picture! Whoops!

PAPER PLATE APPLE
This one was very simple, but it was another hit. I simply tore strips of red paper. Then he used a glue stick to glue them to a paper plate. 

APPLE STAMPING
This is a classic! I sliced to apples in different ways. We talked about the star in the middle and the seeds. Then I stuck a craft stick in three different pieces, and let him go to town.



TOILET TUBE APPLE TREES
I actually used a paper towel roll and cut it in half. I free hand cut out the trees, and Logan used his finger to paint on apples.

 APPLE SEED COUNTING
I printed out 8 apples and numbered them 1-8.  Then we used popcorn kernels as our "seeds." The point was to match the number of "seeds" to the number on the apple. This game was definitely over Logan's head, but he still had fun putting "seeds" on apples. He was able to put the apples in order.

We ended our week with a trip to the orchard to pick apples! We had a blast!

We used the apples we picked to make a batch of apple butter. Yum!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A simply fantastic unit!! I love everything about it. :)